Carbine - Skill Builder 1
This is Reticle's first level of advanced carbine competency. It is the foundational knowledge and skills element of our progressive firearms development program that will development participant confidence and accuracy. Participants will engage static targets from multiple distances. Participants will also learn the basics of load carriage equipment.
Course Location & Schedule
This course will be held at Reticle’s Zero4-NORTH training facility located at 4010 County Road 29, Brockville (Tincap) Ontario.
This is a 1-day course and includes 6 hours of instruction and range time.
- Valid PAL / RPAL
- Authorization to Carry or proof of current Law Enforcement, Military or Security Professional occupation
- Reticle's Carbine Fundamentals 1 & 2 OR a Successful 1 hour Diagnostic Shoot with a Reticle Firearms Instructor
- In depth exploration of grip, stance, sight picture, trigger manipulation and follow through.
- Immediately re-acquiring correct sight picture
- Follow up shots and rhythm
- Safe use and handling of readied firearms
- Intro to usage of load carriage equipment
Required equipment (rentals available)
- Closed-toe footwear
- Athletic wear with long-sleeves and close-fitting neckline to prevent hot-brass from making contact with upper chest and neck
- Carbine and 300 rounds
- Load carriage belt with magazine pouches
- Eye & ear protection (electronic recommended)