Carbine - Skill Builder (3 Day)
This is Reticle's first level of carbine competency. The Skill Builder series provides the foundational knowledge and skills of our progressive firearms development program that developments participant confidence and accuracy. Participants will engage static targets from multiple distances. Participants will also learn the basics of load carriage equipment.
Course Location & Schedule
This course will be held at Reticle’s Zero4-NORTH training facility located at 4010 County Road 29, Brockville (Tincap) Ontario.
This is a 3-day course that includes 18 hours of instruction and range time.
- Valid PAL / RPAL
- Proof of current occupation as a Law Enforcement, Military or Security Practitioner
- Reticle's Carbine Fundamentals OR a Successful 1 hour Diagnostic Shoot with a Reticle Firearms Instructor
- In depth exploration of the marksmanship fundamentals
- Considerations in the use of load carrying equipment
- Efficient multi-target engagement
- Stoppages/malfunctions and remedial actions
- Dynamic movement
- Integration of illumination devices in low light applications
Required equipment (rentals available)
- Closed-toe footwear
- Athletic wear with long-sleeves and close-fitting neckline to prevent hot-brass from making contact with upper chest and neck
- Carbine and 1000 rounds
- Load carriage belt or vest with magazine pouches
- Eye & ear protection (electronic recommended)